Table of Contents
- 1 Why is differential protection and its functions so important?
- 2 Differential protection and its function
- 3 What risks can be avoided
- 4 What factors influence the choice of a differential protection
- 5 FALL PROTECTION HARNESS 2 DIELECTRIC HITCH POINTS HAR42EL
- 6 (PACK 12 PAIRS) - ELASTIC CUFF Electrician type glove, American type, flat thumb
Why is differential protection and its functions so important?
Possibly, our country is one of the most leading in terms of regulations of construction safety.
Thanks to this, buildings and infrastructures have a high constructive quality and contribute to reduce the risks for people.
One cause of this is the mandatory placement of the Differential protection in electrical installations.
They are elements that prevent accidents and reduce the possible risks derived from them.
Let's see what they are for and what is their function.
Differential protection and its function
La Differential protection is the set of elements that are placed in a electrical installation in order to avoid injury to people.
They are automatic devices capable of cutting off the existing electrical flow in a circuit.
The most widely used are differential switches.
These are usually placed in the electrical panel and when they detect an anomaly in the circuits such as a leak in the current intensity, are responsible for cutting the installation.
It is the typical case when the differential of a house jumps.
What risks can be avoided
Electrical installations, whatever their type, even if they are well executed and correctly designed, involve a series of risks, either due to misuse of them or due to defects produced over time.
The role of the different types of existing spreads It is precisely this: preventing accidents from occurring and causing harm to people.
The most common risks derived from a bad differential contact are:
- Appliance problems: Due to use or time, insulation problems can occur that can lead to the destruction of the device itself, a fire in the circuit or electrocution to people.
- Fires: 30% of fires originating in buildings, whether private or industrial, usually have their origin in electrical problems.
- For the people: An electric shock, depending on its intensity, can cause injuries to people such as burns, theming and in more severe cases cardiac arrest or fatal electrocution.
What factors influence the choice of a differential protection
The choice of differential to choose in an installation is marked according to the type of circuit you have and current regulations.
In our country, the regulations require that all the elements of an electrical installation must be approved and for this, they must be installed by a professional capable of meeting all the requirements.
On the other hand, the REBT specifies the characteristics that a high sensitivity differential in both domestic and industrial facilities.
With respect to sensitivity of a differential, there are several UNE standards that regulate its specifications.
They are UNE-EN-60947-2 and UNE-EN-60898.
Among other things, they specify that for their installation they must be placed before the activation of the electrical installation.
In general, the installation of an electric differential is carried out taking into account the following:
- Installation surface.
- Nominal intensity.
- Types of devices to protect.
La Differential protection It is a mandatory requirement that all electrical installations must have to guarantee the safety of both people and appliances and even the buildings or construction typologies where they are located.
Thanks to them, we will be safer using something as common as electric current in our lives.